Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak Review
If you’re looking for a nice, stable kayak that tracks well in the water and can fit up to 3 people, then consider this Lifetime Manta kayak. It can be used for tandem or single use and performs well either way.
You get a lot for your money with this 10-foot kayak. And it comes with a one year warranty against any defects. I predict that you will have a lot of fun out there with this awesome tandem kayak. So, what are you waiting for?
Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak Features
If I have failed to convince you just how great this kayak is for the money, then let me share some of its awesome features with you. Then, I bet that you’ll be ready to get on of these out on the water yourself. Here’s just a quick glance:
- Designed for single or tandem use
- (2) 2-piece sport paddles included
- Fits up to 3 people
- Forward cargo area
- Tunnel hull design provides ultra stability and great tracking
As you can see, this one offers a lot of bang for the buck. Designed to set up to three people, the 10 foot Manta Kayak is the perfect multi-purpose recreational kayak. It provides comfortable, balanced seating for solo, tandem or family fun. With a 500 Lb. weight capacity and the tunnel hull design, the Manta provides ultimate stability making it almost impossible to tip over. So paddle, fish, surf or sail, the Manta kayak is designed to provide plenty of fun for the whole family. “High and dry” seating keeps riders off the floor of the kayak. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders. Scupper holes drain the cockpit area with molded front and rear carry handles.
Here’s a more in-depth look at the features on this awesome kayak:
- Kayak includes 2 padded backrests and 2 paddles
- Seats up to 3 people
- Paddle cradle to secure paddle when not in use
- A mast receiver receptacle
- Multiple foot wells for leverage when paddling
- 3 contoured seats
- Generous forward cargo hold with shock cord straps
- Ditty trays for holding odds and ends
- Bottle holder
- Side carry handle with molded front and rear handles as well
- Scupper holes to drain cockpit area
- Durable and lightweight
- 2-piece symmetrical paddles assemble to 7 feet; aluminum shaft, vinyl grips, drip cups; interior foam for floatation
- Push button on paddles allows for 90 degree blade angle and 2-position feather adjustments
You can use this Lifetime Products kayak to fish, surf, or sail in this sit-on-top tandem kayak . Built-in features include contoured seats for up to 3 people, a paddle cradle, a mast receiver receptacle, a fishing pole holder, and a forward cargo area with shock cord straps. Tunnel hull design provides ultimate stability so it’s practically impossible to tip over. This model also includes two padded backrests and two paddles. Its convenient to use and fun for the whole family, with lightweight durable plastic construction that makes it easy to transport in a truck, SUV, or minivan. Excellent stability makes this the perfect sit-on-top kayak for beginners, but beginners and experienced kayakers alike will appreciate the innovative design and functionality of this multi-purpose kayak.
And now, here’s the specs for all you nerdy types:
- Model Number: 90118
- Quantity 1
- Style Adult Sit-on-Top with 3 person seating
- Color Yellow
- Material of Construction High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Plastic
- Dimensions 10 ft (3 m) x 36 in. (91.4 cm)
- Seating Capacity 3 people
- Product Weight 66 lbs. (29.9 kg)
- Weight Capacity 500 lbs. (226.8 kg)
- Warranty: 1 year limited factory warranty
And now, I will try to anticipate any questions that you might have about this model in order to make your shopping decision a bit easier on you.
How stable is this kayak?
It is very stable. You can stand up on it in flat water.
Is it easy to use solo?
Yes. Keep in mind this kayak is more about stability than speed.
Is this what they call 2.5 kayak?
They say its a three person kayak but I would never put three adults. It is closer to a 2.5. Two adults and a small child works or one adult and two children.
How easy is it to add rod holders to this kayak?
It is very easy I put 4 in mine. Just make sure you position them correctly.
Does the kayak also take on water to where you have to constantly drain it?
No, mine has never had a problem taking on water.
Is this kayak suitable for the ocean?
Only for calm waters as it doesn’t perform so well in the super choppy water.