Coleman Quikpak K1 Kayak Review
This one-person kayak is perfect for the solo angler who doesn’t need all the extra space and weight of a tandem kayak. The Coleman Quikpak K1 is a cheap one person inflatable kayak that is the perfect alternative to a solo canoe.
It has a great low price. In fact, I think it’s probably the best 1-person fishing kayak under $200 right now. I’d definitely count it among the best buys for 2016, if you’re in the market for a little one-seater inflatable kayak to take on on the lake.
I like that this is made by Coleman, which is a brand I trust when it comes to high quality outdoor gear. And it is backed by their leak-proof guarantee, which is kind of awesome. Overall it is a very lightweight inflatable kayak that performs well in flat water, but struggles a bit in choppy water. The ideal water for it is a lake or calm bay or river.
Coleman Quikpak K1 Kayak Features
If I’ve peaked your interest for this awesome little kayak, then let me take a minute to share some of it’s top features with you. I think that you will be surprised by how much this kayak has to offer at such a low price. Here’s a quick look at it’s top features:
- 5-minute setup lets you spend more time on the water
- Easy-to-carry backpack system turns into the seat
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight® System is guaranteed not to leak
- Double Lock(TM) valves use two locking points for easy inflation/deflation
- Includes hand pump and paddle
- Backrest lets you lean back and enjoy the ride
- Fits one person
- Multi-position foot rest lets you find your most comfortable position
- Secure storage area lets you safely store items with bungees
- Cup holder keeps your drink close at hand
- Carry handles make it easy to carry in and out of the water
- NMMA® certified to hold up to 400 lbs.
- Inflated dimensions: 8 ft. 7 in. x 3 ft.
- 90 day limited warranty
As you can see, that is a lot of bang for your buck right there! You can get closer to the water and all the beauty swimming in it when you explore in a Sevylor K1 Sit-On-Top QuikPak Kayak. This inflatable watercraft works just like a traditional sit-on-top kayak, except when you’re ready to pack up, it folds up into its integrated backpack with padded shoulder straps and fits inside any car or truck-and it all sets up within five minutes.
While you’re in the water, you’ll paddle in more comfort with a design that allows you to stretch your legs, back and arms more easily. Pack food and gear in the cargo net on the front and keep your drink close in the cup holder. You’ll easily carry the kayak over shallow water and in and out of the water with the lift handle.
The rigid floor, flat bottom and three-chamber design keep the boat’s solid shape on the water and offer added security if you get snagged. The thick PVC and reinforced bottom are part of the Airtight System that’s guaranteed not to leak and the Double Lock Fast Valves and Mini Double Lock Fast Valves makes quick work of inflation and deflation.
The 8 ft. 7 in. x 3 ft. (2.62 m x.91 m) kayak holds up to 400 lbs. (181.43 kg)and includes a paddle that breaks down for compact storage and a high-pressure hand pump.
Now, let me take a moment to answer some questions that you might have about this watercraft.
Is this a good kayak for a senior citizen or elderly yakker?
Yes, since it is a sit-upon kayak, getting in and out of it is very easy. And, it is very stable in calm waters.
Is this kayak a good choice for beginners?
Yes, it is very stable and very cheap. That makes it a great choice for beginning kayakers.
Is this kayak rigged for fishing?
No, it is not. You will have to rig it yourself.